Many people go about their day to day life being stressed out, unhappy and not living up to the standards that they are suppose to. Why do “we” stress ourselves out so much daily? Why can’t we just forget about the burdens life brings us and be carefree? How can we change this and be stress-free? Can we ever really be “stress-free”? I think with the right steps we all can live a stress free life. So many people are stressed out and that is one of the leading causes of most health problems (heart/chest pains) and also the causes of aging fast and feeling down & out mentally/physically.
If you have ever asked yourself any these questions or can relate to anything above, here are some tips you can take to becoming less stressed out and more care-free!
First let’s define what stress actually is. According to the Merriam Dictionary, stress is: 1) a state of mental tension and worry caused by problems in your life, work, etc., 2) something that causes strong feelings of worry or anxiety, and 3) physical force or pressure.
1. Let things go. We as humans have a tendency of holding on to a lot of things that are not healthy for us mentally, physically and spiritually. My advice is to just let it go. You don’t have to feed into everything around you because the moment you do that’s when you begin to lose who you are. Letting go will leave you feeling more relaxed and like you have overcame that obstacle. It also gives way to positive growth.
2. Say goodbye to grudges and anger! It’s unhealthy. 99% of the time the same person you’re stressing over don’t give a crap about what you’re feeling or doing. Move on. Live your life. Don’t look back. I’ve learned and witnessed how holding a grudge gets you absolutely nowhere.
3. Take some time for yourself. A day out celebrating yourself will be beneficial in the process of being less stressed out. 99% of the time a breath of fresh air eases the mind and calms the soul. Do something that makes you happy for a change. Forget about work, house duties, life responsibilities and just debrief.
4. Recognize who YOU are. Self worth is a serious thing. Majority of the time we forget who we are and that is our biggest problem. You have a purpose and no matter what may occur in your life handle it with patience and always think things through. Don’t make decisions on a whim!
5. Care less about what others think. It’s about time to stop listening to these people who are always buzzing in you ear about things that are not of importance to your well being. Do not entertain it. Block em’ out. Remember this: People’s opinions are irrelevant when it comes to your happiness.
6. Declutter your life. Physically or mentally just do it. Your time is way too valuable to be lingering and wasting on frivolous things. Find joy in things around you.
7. Focus LESS on your imperfections and insecurities and more on your attractive qualities. It’s so simple that I won’t even elaborate!
8. Learn from your mistakes instead of stressing over them. Everyone deserves a second chance, that includes you. Give yourself a break, you’re only human!
9. Eat healthier. Everyone knows stressing out leads to eating unhealthy foods, so why not do the opposite? Eat healthier foods, which will lead to healthier body, which will in the end boost your confidence level.
10. Change your daily routine. This can help you find another way to handle your situations with less frustration.
I hope you take these tips and remember that stress is unhealthy and it can lead to so much physical and mental dangers. Taking positive steps to being stress free can actually save your life! Don’t ever let stress consume your life. Live daily carefree and happily.
Remember this quote as you go about your day:
“Out of Clutter comes Simplicity.” -Albert Einstein
Let’s stay connected, Click Here!