Hi, my loves! How are you doing? As you know, I’m quarantined and I’m pretty sure you are too so by the title of this post you know what to expect. It is only day 3 and I had to get my life together and really figure out some ways to keep abreast it all. Things are definitely not normal, so in order to keep some normality in the air, I put together this post as a means of help for you guys and myself!
We all know to stay home is a dream come true, wake up when you want and some have the luxury to work from home. However, when you have no other choice but to stay home for your own safety it can get a bit frustrating.
I HAVE PUT TOGETHER A COUPLE WAYS YOU CAN STAY PRODUCTIVE AND BUSY WHILE STAYING AT HOME.
- Make a schedule for yourself (and your kids/other families you take care of). Having a schedule can help you stay on track and it helps with holding yourself accountable for what you should be doing or should have done already.
- Make a list of things you need to complete. This one can be a bit flexible. Do you have work, like actually work to complete? If so, jot down what exactly needs to get done on that list. If you’re a blogger like me or a vlogger, making a list of what content you want to create fr the week (and weeks ahead) can be helpful and keep your audience still intact and in tune with what you have to offer. If you’re married or take care of someone at home, making a list of things that need to get done around the house can also take a weight off your shoulders and keep you organized.
- Make sure to keep your house clean. Everything just flows better when the home is clean, the sunlight shining in and it smells good. This didn’t have to be on the list, but as a bonus, someone may have needed to read that. Cleanliness is important for a clearer mind and a clearer space.
- Stay connected, virtually of course. I know, social distancing is full-effect, however, that doesn’t mean the phone does not work anymore. Call that friend you been meaning to call or family members and see how they are doing.
- Do something fun that you enjoy doing. Okay, this one has parts. Here are some things you can do. Some may be suitable more during this quarantine time, but all still work out.
- Write in your journal (Think about some things you lost sight of, write down new ideas you may have, feelings, thoughts, just express yourself
- Listen to music
- Read a book that you love
- Binge watch a tv show/watch a movie
- Play board games
- Play a puzzle game
- Play a trivia game
- Plan a movie night with your significant other/or family
- Reorganize your room (any room you like)
- Declutter your laptop (photos, videos, etc.)
- Declutter your phone
- Declutter your closet
- Make a video (loosen up a bit)
- Take a walk
- Watch your favorite youtube videos (subscribe to my channel)
- Check out your favorite bloggers’ website or vlogs
6. TAKE A SELFCARE DAY
This includes taking the time to do something that brings you a bit of joy. Especially in a time of ‘panic’ like this, self-care activities can be helpful.
- Give yourself a mini-pedi
- Do some yoga or meditate
- Read your favorite book
- Eat your favorite comfort foods
- Dress up (yes dress up if you want to)
- Make some fun videos and post it
- Relax, have a spa day at home (bubble baths)
- Arts and craft
All of these and more can be super helpful in getting by at home during this quarantine. What are some other productive ways that may be helpful? List them in the comments.
Jeans: Levi’s | Mules: Last season Zara mules or you can try Nordstrom | Basic cropped white tee: Uniqlo | Blazer: Husbae’s closet | Phone case bag: Urban Outfitters
Thanks for stopping by guys! XO MJ!
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL IF YOU HAVEN’T! NEW VIDEO COMING THIS WEEK!